Wednesday, September 28, 2011

French Infantry Test Figure

I finished up a French Line Infantry Soldier and he came out very much to my liking. I ran across a rather good painting tutorial posted by Carlo Antonio over at Benno's Figures Forum and wanted to give it a go. I have to pause and recognize Carlo for the fantastic artist that he is. It's easy to get lost on his blog looking over his truly inspirational work. I borrowed about half of his color palette directly, made the few desired changes, and voila! As usual, most all colors are Vallejo and a dab of FolkArt thrown in. I'll clear him tomorrow so I can begin on the first batch of his comrades-in-arms (already primed and ready to go!).



I have decided to reduce using a three color system for 15mm and smaller so as to speed up my work. I ended up using three-colors on only about half of the figure which may not sound like much, but I noticed a difference. ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Great results! I concur with your opinion of Carlo's work, too.

    Is this a 15mm figure? Looks more like 28mm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind comment! Truth be told, this is another of those modern "big 15s" and is actually 18mm. Warmodelling really has some great figs. There are a few here and there that are lower in quality than others, but the vast majority are darn nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work David,
    Have dropped the amount of colours I use on my 15mm Naps also. Helps get more of our wee men on the table.
    Regards
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paul. With all of the work that goes into a Nap soldier, I need to cut back on steps. :O)

    I feel like a bum, I thought that I had listed your Napoleonic’s blog in my "Blogs of Note" gadget on the right. I see I had not! Yours is a great blog that I'd been visiting for quite some time; it helped push me to finally commit on starting this endeavor! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David,
    Very kind of you to say and thanks for adding my blog to your list. I'm really enjoying your blog and look forward to seeing your units come together.
    Awe ra best
    Paul

    ReplyDelete